Landlord Electrical Safety Certificate
EICR Certificate Tests from £120+vat, covering all of Kent
Did you know that new regulations, titled The Electrical Safety Standard in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020, were officially brought in on 1st April 2020? In July 2020, all new tenancies required an EICR. As of 1st April 2021, this requirement applies to all tenancies – new and existing.
So, as a landlord, it’s your legal responsibility to get an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) to ensure tenants are safe – and this is something we can help you with. Here at South East Solar & Electrical in Rochester, we will:
- Ensure that the electrical safety standards are met during a period when the residential premises are occupied under a tenancy.
- Ensure every electrical installation in the residential premises is inspected and tested at regular intervals by a qualified electrician. By law, ‘regular intervals’ is every five years, unless a report from an inspection and test specifies sooner.
You can then:
- Supply a copy of the report to each existing tenant on the premises within 28 days of the inspection in order to meet your legal obligations as a landlord.
- Supply a copy of the report to the local housing authority within 7 days of receiving a request from the authority.
- Retain a copy of the report to give to the qualified person that carries out the next inspection and test.
- Supply a copy of the most recent report to new tenants and to prospective tenants who request to see it.
Professional Electrical Service in Rochester
All of our electrical work is completed to the highest certified quality, complies with British Standards and is fully warranted in accordance with industry regulations. So whether your property requires full or part re-wiring, fuse board changes or fault maintenance, we can help. Get in touch with our team in Rochester, Kent today for a fast, clean and professional service.
From the initial call to the final result could not be happier, Oliver and the team were fantastic, extremely tidy and polite, highly recommend. Dec 2019
Arrived one our after initial call for assessment. Date offered to complete the work was the first date we could do so no waiting around. Arrived on time, polite, friendly, efficient. Definitely recommend and would use again – Nov 2019
Reasonably priced and very polite and friendly service would recommend – Oct 2017